new here

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by laura55, Apr 11, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. laura55

laura55 New Member

My 16 year old boy is having a hard time getting his BG under control. Just got him back from having a glucose curve today and they are increasing him to 3 units 2x daily. Very scared for him

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi lap, welcome! It is scary at first, but we can help. Come to the Main Health forum and answer a few questions about your kitty. Let us know when he was diagnosed, what insulin and what your feeding. Are you home testing? It’s easy to do and the best way to keep him safe. We’ve all been where you are now and we will be glad to help you help your boy.

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! The best way to get it under control and calm your fears is to home test. I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC at home. If you want a shopping list we can help you with that.

5. laura55

laura55 New Member

Thank you for the video. I think I can do it!

Sharon14 and JanetNJ like this.
  6. JanetNJ

That's the spirit!

7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

You can do it. It's the best way to help your kitty.

8. laura55

laura55 New Member

I tried and failed. I went to a local store this morning and got all supplies except the 26 gauge lancets because they were out. I used the ones with my friends human test kit and pricked by baby's ear three time and only got my blood. He is now hiding under the covers on my bed.

9. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Okay, try again right before next shot. Keep to no more than 3 tries at a time so you and he don't get to stressed. You will conquer this, maybe not today but eventually you will. Keep making the attempts as part of the routine and soon it will happen.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  10. JanetNJ

Try try again. The human 30+ gauge ones are usually too thin to work at all in the beginning. That's probably the problem. :). You'll get it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.