new here!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by pangie, Jan 15, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pangie

pangie New Member

Hello, I have a 12 year old female cat named Mickey. She was just diagnosed with diabetes and I'm trying to figure everything out. I'm hoping to get some answers to questions and issues I'm having with her here :)

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

3. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Welcome to the sugar cat club. This forum has great information and resources to help get you on the right track with Mickey!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Pangie and Mickey. You are in the right place to learn about feline diabetes and treatment. If you haven't yet read the information, revisit the Home page and read the Getting Started and Education section on the right side of the page. It's a great starting point on this new journey.
    Then please post in the Main Health forum HERE and tell us more about Mickey. Is Mickey on insulin, are you home testing yet, what kind of food is she eating? A low carb diet will help lower the blood sugar, and home testing is the best tool you have to see the effects of the diet and insulin, plus keep Mickey safe.
    There is lots of information here in the forums, and it can seem overwhelming at the beginning, but there are many experienced and knowledgeable members who will advise, and you have the support of the entire community.
    You have taken the first steps to helping Mickey live a happy healthy life. :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.