? new low BS reading, not sure how to handle

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Julee, Jan 13, 2019.

1. Julee

Julee Member

I am looking for some help on how to handle Tooters new reading. Ever since Christmas Eve (my Christmas blessing!) he has started to have reading under 100!!!! I am not sure what does to give him. I guess I am doing the SLGS method, but to be honest I don't understand how to do adjustments. I have read the post several times and I am still confused. I work retail so my testing has been all over the place and my cats free feed. I try not to give them new food a couple of hours before testing, but they usually have food in their dishes all the time. Now that the holidays are over my schedule has slowly returned to normal, so hopefully it will be more on a 12 hour testing with some curves on my days off.

Also, another question, has anyone used B12 supplements for weak hind legs? My only concern is that I have 2 cats and they eat from the same dish. From my readings, it won't hurt my other cat if she eats it, but just wanted your opinions.

I would appreciate any and all help that you can give.

Thanks,
    Julee and Tooters

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Hi there! Are you around today to get a test at +2 since this is the lowest you have ever shot? If the +2 is the same or lower, it could be an active cycle requiring you to test more. Do you have some MC food to help steer him if he starts to drop too low?

Usually, when we shoot low, they stay low , but there is a lot of data missing from your SS due to your hours so it's hard to know where he is now in terms of switching the dose. Let's see how this cycle plays out to know if a dose reduction is in order.

Post for help again if you need it and change your title thread to say Help or something to get attention.

As far as the B12, I don't think it will hurt the civvie cat at all. Hopefully someone else will weigh in on that.

Tanya and Ducia likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Welcome Julie and Tooters! This is a great forum to get help with all your questions...I have a couple for you...perhaps I overlooked this info somewhere?

What insulin are you using? What meter are you using to test?

Once you get familiar with this forum and how to post and all of that fun stuff - please add this info to your signature. Everyone on here has one - it will appear at the bottom of all your posts and if you could just add a tiny bit of history; which insulin; which meter; type of food. You can look at anyone's signature (like Bobbie has an excellent one here!) and see what kinds of things are of interest to everyone here. You can list the protocol you're following and that information will help others who will want to respond to you - know what's going on already - so you don't have to repeat it every time you post a comment or a question.:D

In your title tomorrow - you'll want to set it up like this 1/14 Tooter AMPS (number)...(again, look at other posters and you'll see a pattern) - it just helps everyone know who's commenting.

Again, welcome to the group! Looking forward to seeing others respond who can help you with your SS (for instance like green has a relationship to really low numbers, so having that background color as your PM Time is a bit alarming :eek:...if you don't know how to do it, just ask for help to change that.

:bighug: