New mb user, veteran diabetic feline caregiver

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Wendi, Mar 7, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Wendi

Wendi New Member

Hello all. I haven't been using this site but I wish I had. Kitty Girl was diagnosed with diabetes about 2 years ago. It has been quite a challenge. The first year was very hard and we almost lost her a couple of times. It's good to see so many of you out there take care of them and help them to have a long life. I hope this site will help me and that I can help other people to get through this.

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Wendi and welcome to you and Kitty Girl.

We'll do all we can to help you both. :)

My girl, Saoirse, was diagnosed last June. I have learned so much here and it has helped me so much with her treatment.

Are you home testing? And what insulin is Kitty Girl receiving?

3. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB.
    We strongly encourage home testing to keep your cat safe with an inexpensive human glucometer and feline-specific reference values, using a long-lasting insulin such as Levemir, ProZinc, Lantus, and BCP PZI, and low carb canned or raw food (see Cat Info for details).

4. phlika29

phlika29 Well-Known Member

Hi wendi

Welcome on board. Please tell us a little more about your kitty.

I would also recommend you check out the health forum links. Although you've been doing the sugar dance for two years you may find the information there helpful.

5. Marciegee

Marciegee Member

Hi Wendi! It's nice to meet you! I'm a newbie and have found this community to be so helpful and supportive. Glad you are here. :)

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.