New member. Diabities and Animia

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Olga, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Olga

Olga Member

Hi Everyone. Just this morning I rushed my kitty to the vet. He stopped eating, not moving but indeed was drinking a lot. They ran a blood test and urine test and and said he has diabities plus his RBC was extremely low. We had a problem with RBC a year ago when he was hospitalized for 3 days. He pulled it of. Now i had to leave him again. My vet prognosis were not really good he said that you cannot treat one thing and treat another thing at the same time because the steroids will increased sugar in blood, but becouse sugar is very high right now they have to concentrate decreasing sugar level first and not give steroids for RBC. I apologize if I am writhing in a wrong topic or if the topic been discussed before, but emotions are getting over me. My question is, is it possible to treat both diagnoses at the same time and still give your kitty good quality of life. Thank you

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I suggest you post this over on the main health forum where more people will see it. Yes, there are people here who treat the cat for other illnesses at the same time as diabetes.

Welcome! I hope your kitty improves.

3. Olga

Olga Member

Thank you.

4. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Olga likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.