Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stephanie Carnevale

Stephanie Carnevale New Member

Hello all. I just recently found about this forum and am very excited to be a part of it. My kitty Prissy was just diagnosed this week with diabetes and it has been a very emotional and stressful time. The potential insulin costs and care of her are a bit overwhelming. I am also a recent diabetic and am on 4 shots a day so am also struggling to keep my own health in check. I have immediately changed her diet to wet food and am meeting with the vet tomorrow to discuss insulin (Lantus) and learn how to administer and test her blood. Any advise anyone has would be welcome. Thank you all for taking the time to read this :)

Attached Files:

2. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Hello Ms. Prissy and her mom Stephanie!
    What diet did you change her to?
    Please use your meter and test Before admin. shot if possible.

3. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Welcome Stephanie & Prissy!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Stephanie and Prissy. I remember very well the feelings that go with the feline diabetic diagnosis, but you are in the right place to find information, advice and support as you navigate this new journey.
    Just as you are treating your own diabetes, you will learn the best methods of treatment for Prissy. You are already educated in some areas like insulin injections and testing, as well as being proactive in changing Prissy's diet. Good for you! and good for Prissy.
    Please remember to breathe..it's going to unfold and you are going to be able to do whatever you need to do.
    Please take a look at the information in the FAQ's forum to get started HERE
    Post in the Main Health forum with your questions and concerns HERE
    You are not alone, we are here to help. :bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.