Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Adrienne & Molly (GA)

Adrienne & Molly (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello Everyone,
    My husband and I have a 5 year old cat. She was diagnosed with diabetes on December 27. I noticed symptoms before that. She lost weight and was drinking lots of water. She would dribble urine on the floor and it was sticky.
    Her first treatment was 1.5 units a week later 2 units and now 3. She goes to the vet again on Monday for a curve. Also I purchased a monitor and they are going to train me with that. She gets stressed going there. Having to stay. This way I can do the testing at home. Text them the results.
    I have found that she has more energy now. Loves to play more. It was a stressful time when I first found about she is diabetic.
    I joined this group so I can learn more and hear other people's experiences.

Thanks,
    Adrienne

JanetNJ and AlphaCat like this.
  2. Erin & Scott

Erin & Scott Member

Welcome! There is certainly lots of good information here - though it can feel overwhelming at first. I'm glad to hear your little girl is looking better, it is certainly stressful when one first gets that diagnosis. Our little guy was diagnosed just before the first of the year and it threw us both for a loop.

This page is a great place to start; I would encourage you to set up a spreadsheet so that when you get the glucose meter you can track her BG readings. I've found that it makes the whole process feel much more manageable, and it helps provide valuable information both for yourself and for others here to be able to offer advice when you have questions.

Also, please set up a signature with basics about your cat and a link to your spreadsheet. You can find instructions for how to use the forum here.

Good luck, there is a wealth of information here, and I'd be reeling if I hadn't found the group!

Erin

3. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

Hi Adrienne,
    Welcome to the group!
    I'm glad you are working towards home testing. There are YouTube videos that you can watch to help you get more comfortable with the process of testing too.
    There's a ton of knowledge on these boards. When I found here I just read and read. It was nice not to go through this alone.

Good luck to your family!

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! So glad you decided to learn how to home test! I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC at home

AlphaCat likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.