New nutrition numbers from New label Fancy Feast

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sharon and sparky, Jun 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sharon and sparky

sharon and sparky Member

I belong to the Chronic Renal failure Yahoo group and a member just received the newest numbers on the "NEW" Fancy Feast or otherwise known as the one with the new label that Purina said did not change. Well, as far as phosphorus, calcium, and sodium goes the numbers have changed so the protein numbers may have changed as well. The only ones she got were the ones with the gravy which had lower phosphorus numbers before but now those numbers are much higher which is bad for a cat with CRF. So for members who have kitties battling renal issues here are the latest numbers from Fancy Feast:

Hi all...

I finally heard back from Purina regarding the new numbers for Fancy Feast...
    and it's not great.

I only asked for specific information for a few of everyone's favorites that
    appear on Helen's list, but I did ask a general question... Is the dry matter
    basis phosphorus for any of them under 1.00. The answer is NO. Most are close
    to a 1:1 phos:calcium ratio.

All of the changes took place with product in the new packaging.

Here are some specifics - all numbers are on the dry matter basis. I do not
    know how much the calcium and sodium changed but here are those numbers as well:

Sliced Beef Feast in Gravy
    phos - 1.1 was 0.77
    calcium - 1.3
    sodium 1.1

Sliced Beef & Giblets in Gravy
    phos - 1.2 was 0.81
    cal - 1.6
    sodium - 1.0

Grilled Chicken Feast in Gravy
    phos - 1.1 was 0.81
    cal - 1.3
    sodium - 1.2

Minced Beef Feast in Sauce
    phos - 1.1 was 0.77
    cal - 1.3
    sodium - 1.1

Marinated Morsels Chicken Feast in Gravy
    phos - 1.2 was 0.41
    cal - 1.4
    sodium - 1.0

Marinated Morsels Turkey Feast in Gravy
    phos - 1.2 was 1.0
    calcium 1.6
    sodium 1.0

Marinated Morsels Beef Feast in Gravy
    phos - 1.1 was 0.81
    cal - 1.3
    sodium - 1.0

Right now I still have about a case left of the old version. Don't know what to
    do next. What do you think????

Joyce for cherished Dusty-Blue

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

2. Barbara and Goodie

Barbara and Goodie New Member

Re: New nutrition numbers from Fancy Feast

I hope someone finds out and reports the protein/carbs content to make sure we are still using the "right" flavors....

I don't know if they changed much but my Goodie had a hard time accepting the new label food. She completely refused for a couple of weeks, so I had to search every store in town looking for the old cans! I started mixing them and now she is back to accepting her food. So I totally beleive something had to change....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.