? New test strips in the middle of a "curve" ...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jasper Blue and Jay, Apr 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

Well not really a curve but doing a lot of testing today and I wasn't paying attention and ran out of test strips here in the middle of a day when I increased his dose.

I have new test strips but the last time I tried to compare a new strip to an old one the results were very different.

I know there is about a 20% variation in general but How much variation can there be in strips from one lot to another?

Not sure exactly what I'm asking... just feel like I messed up and want to make sure I get as accurate a reading as possible compared to the two just before it to see how he's reacting after increasing his dose, if the food is helping him stay level...etc.

2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

It's not you. Even human meters in hospitals are allowed to be way off, strips have expiry dates, the battery in the meter might be counterfeit. I've taken readings 60 seconds apart when I thought something didn't look right and wanted to bang my head.

Jasper Blue and Jay likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.