New to all of this

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ross's mom, Apr 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ross's mom

Ross's mom Member

Hi there, we are new to this site I just found out my Ross has diabetes and has been put on insulin twice a day with a special diet I'm just looking for any info I can use. I need a gl meter at home any idea what kind would be the best? Thanks for listening I just want to help my kitty the best I can!

2. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to you and Ross. I'm glad you've found FDMB - you could not wish for a better place to learn about feline diabetes and how to help Ross. :)

Can you let us know which country you're in so that we can recommend some meters for you?

Mogs

3. Ross's mom

Ross's mom Member

Hi thank you for your welcome! We are in Ontario Canada and just got the news yesterday and started injections today so any help is great thank you!

Critter Mom likes this.
  4. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

hi and welcome to the forum. You picked the right place to find information for your diabetic kitty.s

5. Critter Mom

@Tuxedo Mom -

Hi, Mary Ann,

Any chance of some meter recommendations for Ross's mom, please?

Mogs

6. Critter Mom

7. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

I am in Canada and the strips for human meters all cost around the same price where I am. I personally use the AT2 pet meter and the Freestyle Lite human meter because both take a very small drop of blood. People in the US most often will use the Relion meters since the cost of the strips is very low.

Critter Mom likes this.
  8. Ross's mom

Ross's mom Member

Thank u!!!!

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.