new to fdmb

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by christine o, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. christine o

christine o New Member

Hi
    I'm new to fdmb and posted over at the GA. thanks for the replies and where to post. I'll go over and post on the health forum.

My cat Edna is new to the insulin injections, one week in. I'm feeling overwhelmed and not sure what's what at the moment. Trying to learn as much as I can

Christine

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! It is overwhelming, but I promise it gets easier. It will all be routine soon and we are here to help. :)

3. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Christine! I'm under two months into this and the difference between the beginning and now is unbelievable. I was sick to my stomach. The thought of my poor Beenie being sick, having to give her injections, and testing her BG was completely overwhelming.
    It is soooo much easier now.;) My Beenie sees me taking out the meter, rice sock, etc and she comes to me!! Granted she's in it for the piece of turkey I give her in the end but I'm calm, she's calm and it has become a routine. Now we are focused on getting her regulated and all the fear at the start is gone.
    This forum is what made the difference. The support, knowledge, and care is off the charts. The folks here are so helpful and informative. Could not have done this without them. Trust their judgement and ask all the questions you have. There's always somewhere online to help.

You and Edna are in goo hands! You'll be just fine :bighug:

4. CatMamaG

CatMamaG Member

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.