New to feline diabetes.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jennifer Bittman, Nov 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jennifer Bittman

Jennifer Bittman New Member

Hi all, My Grandcat Shadow is almost 7 years old and has been displaying symptoms of feline diabetes. We bought a urine testing let and definitely it all points to type 2. She has an appointment next week unfortunately. She is my son's baby girl and he is her main man lol, I still have her Mama Pepper, but I get to love and spoil her for two weeks at a time while he is in camp working. She has gone through alot of changes as well as they lived on their own for two years and have just came back home. Her and her Mama have been not reintroducing very well, but we are taking it slowly and using Jackson Galaxy as an excellent resource. It's not been going easy and I am sure it will be better when she is feeling better even. We will do what we can and as much as we can for her. Just looking for resources, info, ways to get on it before seeing the vet even lol just looking to better my knowledge and what is to come. Thank you for for being here.

Attached Files:

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome Jennifer and Shadow!! Glad to see you over here from the Facebook group!

You might want to go ahead and start posting over on the Health forum. This forum is just for introductions. The Health forum is for asking questions and getting started.

I know from the FB group that you said Shadow had ketones but is still eating and acting OK. I'd suggest that you put that into your message there to. Ketones are nothing to fool around with, especially if (as you said) the strips show the darkest color. If you read the strip at the right time and there wasn't any contaminents, that's very concerning.

We usually tell people anything over "trace" is a medical emergency.

3. Jennifer Bittman

Jennifer Bittman New Member

Thank you I have posted there as well and just reading the various posts and resources.

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.