New to Forum: Anne and Gypsy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Arkali, Aug 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arkali

Arkali Member

Hi, everyone!
    I'm so glad this forum is here. Gypsy is about 12 or 13 years old. We found her at a dump when she was a kitten years ago, and I'm not 100% what her age is. She was a kitten when we brought her home, but I didn't really track that date :)

Anyway, she was diagnosed Monday with diabetes. Her blood sugar was 700+ (vets glucometer tops out at 700). She spent three days at the vet's and came home Wednesday evening. She seems to being doing fairly well. I'm just trying to get up to speed with everything and also trying not to kick myself for not seeing the signs sooner. She had wobbly back legs (I assumed it was arthritis), and she was drinking / peeing a lot, but assumed that was from the occasional steroid shot she got to help with the "arthritis." Anyway, thank you again! I have tons of questions, but I'll save them for the general forum.

Thanks again--I'm glad to be here!

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Anne and Gypsy. You have come to the right place to learn how to take good care of Gypsy and keep her safe.

4. Arkali

Arkali Member

Thanks! I'm glad to be here :)

5. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome, what a pretty girl Gypsy is!

I see that you are already getting good help over in your other threads, so I just wanted to say that we are glad to have you here. :bighug:

Best,
    Sandi & Whisper.

Arkali likes this.
  6. Arkali

Arkali Member

Thanks, Sandi. I'm not freaking out quite so badly tonight. Wishing her blood sugar would come down, but we'll get there. Thanks again for the warm welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.