New to forum, cat recently diagnosed with diabetes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jessica86, Oct 9, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessica86

Jessica86 New Member

Hi everyone. Someone suggested this forum for me. I have a 14 1/2 year old male domestic shorthair cat Taqui. He has end stage kidney disease. He is also anemic. This week been diagnosed with diabetes. Starting insulin on Friday. We're trying Glargine insulin and it is super expensive. Does anyone have any advice about insulin prices? This boy has taken all my money hehe. I'm sure y'all understand. I ordered Pet Wellbeing Blood Sugar Gold supplement from Chewy. It has amazing reviews. I know my vet has not recommended this or said anything about it but I'm willing to try it because of the good reviews. Thanks!
    -Jessica &Taqui

Attached Files:

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Jessica and Taqui. Sorry to hear about the diabetes diagnosis in addition to the CKD and anemia. Wishing and hoping for the very best for Taqui.

I'm glad you are here, and we can definitely help with the diabetic treatment. There are three main components of effective treatment: diet, insulin therapy, and home testing to keep Taqui safe and see how the insulin is working.

I suggest that you copy your post here, go to the Main Health forum HERE, start a new thread and paste the post. Then we can begin to provide information on finding the glargine at a more affordable price if you are in the U.S. (many members do!) as well as helping you to find a diet compatible with the other conditions and the diabetes, and what home testing is and how to do it.

This forum is only the welcome mat and the Main Health forum is much more heavily monitored by the body of members in order to be of assistance.

It would be very helpful if you would create a signature, so that Taqui's information is readily available whenever you post:

Editing your Signature, Profile, and Preferences

There is a wealth of information and a strong support base of members in every stage of this journey for you to draw on as you learn the sugar dance.

Jessica86 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.