New to Forum

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by TTBLR, May 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

Hi, my name is Andrei. My diabetic cat Silvester is 6 years old. He was started on Lantus 2 months ago: first with dose prescribed by the vet, then with the scale I was provided by another forum. I am feeding only FF Chicken pate right now. I live in Canada, and it is not easy to find ready to serve good enough raw food.
    This is the scale I am currently using:
    LANTUS BG
    US ( mg/dl) -------- Metric (mmol/L) ---- Dose
    150 - 250 ---------- 8.3 - 13.9 -------- 0.375u
    251 - 400 ---------- 14.0 - 22.2 ------- 0.625u
    400 + -------------- 22.2 + ------------ 0.875u

It is probably start low, go slow method. I am at home most of the time, and really want to start TR method, to treat the diabetes aggressively.
    Which method would be better in my situation?
    I do home test.
    Thank you

2. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Welcome Andrei & Silvester!!!!
    That is wonderful that you home test, and feed Silvester LC FF.
    If you would like to start a Spread Sheet it will help those more experienced using Lantus be able to better advise and help you. Also I 'm not sure but there is a forum for Lantus & Levimer . It is a very busy forum and you would benefit from that one.
    I am not using Lantus therefore unable to give dosing advice.
    Someone should be along soon to answer your questions!!!:)

3. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi Andrei, and welcome to yourself and Silvester.

The Roomp-Rand published tight regulation protocol for Lantus and other suitable insulins has the best statistical remission rates.

We have a dedicated insulin support group for users of Lantus and Levemir where there are many very experienced members who will be able to help and advise you further about the R-R TR protocol. To get you started, here is a link to the support group's sub-forum. At the top of the board you will find a lot of very informative stickies about treatment with depot insulins and the ins and outs of the protocol.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/lantus-glargine-levemir-detemir.9/

Mogs

4. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

Hi
    Thank you very much. Got it.

Critter Mom likes this.
  5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

When you have a moment, could you add a few tidbits to your signature? It will help us give you feedback.

Editing your Signature

In the upper right corner of the screen, within the dark blue bar, you will see ID, Inbox, and Alerts

Click on your ID.

On the left, under Settings, Click on Signature.
    This is where you will put information that helps us give you feedback. You are limited to 2 hard returns, so separate pieces by | or -.
    This is where you paste the link for your spreadsheet, once it is set up.
    Add any other text, such as your name | cat's name | date of Dx (diagnosis) | insulin | meter general location (city and state/province) any other pertinent issues like if there are any food issues, history of DKA, hepatic lipidosis, pancreatitis, allergies, IBD, etc.

Click the Save Changes button at the bottom.

6. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

Hello and welcome.

7. TTBLR

TTBLR Member

Hi,
    Thank you

8. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome from a fellow Torontonian. I notice you are interested in raw diets. There is a relatively new pet store called Trail Blazers in Etobicoke near Sherway Gardens that has a huge freezer with quite an extensive selection of raw foods. I have not checked out the cat raw food selection myself but this is a holistic pet food store, they carry a lot of brands I have not seen in the more popular pet stores like Pet Valu or Pet Smart and they even ordered in some food I wanted to try that they didn't carry and were prepared to start stocking it if I wanted it in the future. Great customer service!

Critter Mom likes this.
  9. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Oops, :oops:, the name of the store should be "TAIL BLAZERS" . :facepalm:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.