New to group

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Skittles grandma, Jun 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skittles grandma

Skittles grandma New Member

Hello I am new to this site. My daughter has started working so grandma is fur sitting. A lot of info on here to help me. Thanks all.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome, grandma! :)

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! You must be Sherri’s mom. That’s so nice of you to help her out. I hope her first day on the new job went well. If you have any questions, just ask and we’ll try our best to help!

4. Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA)

Daddy Jack's Mommy (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome, Skittles Grandma!

5. Skittles grandma

Thank u all. Yes I am Sherri's mom.

Sharon14 likes this.
  6. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

7. Skittles grandma

When I test Skittles, most of the time I bruise his ear. What am I doing wrong?

8. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi Skittles Grandma! Testing is a process of practice and patience, to be sure. We have all bruised our poor kitty's ears now and then, unfortunately. I use a cotton ball to back the ear when I am testing, then use it to gently compress the site for about 15 - 20 seconds after I get the test. That seems to help. Hitting the right spot, between the vein and the ear edge is also a factor. Hitting that vein will cause a bruise.
    Will you ask Sherri to help you with the signature and spreadsheet, so we can see Skittles information, testing and insulin data when you post please?
    We are very willing to help you along on this journey and learn the where's and how to's as you go along. You are so wonderful to take over the care of Skittles, and I encourage you to start posting in the Main Health forum
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/feline-health-the-main-forum.28/
    so more members can see your questions and get you some answers. This Intro forum is only the welcome mat, and not as heavily monitored. I will be happy to provide you with some tips and videos on testing from the FAQs forum so you can see other peoples techniques.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.