New to Lantus - do I shoot her?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Marylou and Malika, Mar 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Marylou and Malika

Marylou and Malika Member

I've posted this on the Lantus forum, but in case someone new sees it:
    I gave Malika a week break of shots moving from Vetsulin to Lantus. 1st shot this morning of .5U took her from 380 to 264 at 8:00 am. It's time for her second shot, I tested at 7:00 pm and she's at 91. I'm hesitant to give her more in an hour. Suggestions appreciated. I have her a treat about 2 hours ago - Orijen - which she threw up with a hairball about 3 minutes later.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

S
    So if I understand you correctly, today is the first day on Lantus for her? That 91 is too low for you to give Lantus tonight because you don't have enough BG data yet on her responses to this insulin. The Lantus people can help you and will want to discuss using the SLGS (Start Low Go Slow) dosing guidelines because she gets some dry food.

Sharon14 and Marylou and Malika like this.
  3. Marylou and Malika

Marylou and Malika Member

I just got a finger wagging on my spreadsheet suggesting I wait, don't feed her and test again. Unfortunately, she hasn't had any decent amount of food so I just gave her some tuna fish. I'll err on the side of caution and test again tomorrow morning. thank you for the input.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.