New to site. 5 days diabetes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Clark, Jun 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Clark

Clark Member

Charlie is 13. Just recently diagnosed. Once I started giving insulin her peeing went back to normal. Im trying home BG tests and feading ff. Little worried about changing to high protein. Any suggestions on treats ?till I can get BG readings

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome, Charlie is beautiful! As for treats, any low cab treat will do. Some of us use bits of cooked chicken, just be sure there are no spices or onions on it, others use Pure Bites which can be purchased at most pet food stores. There are other options as well, just find one that's all meat, no fillers. Come to the main health forum and tell us more about Charlie. What kind and how much insulin is she on, any other health problems and if you're having trouble testing her glucose, we can help with that too!

3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Clark and Charlie!
    Definitely re-ask your question on Main Health so more eyes can see :)

4. AlphaCat

AlphaCat Member

Welcome Clark and Charlie!

I always thought if I were to ever have a baby girl I would name her Charlie! So it's pretty awesome to see someone else use the name for a girl.
    I use Fancy Feast one ingredient treats. I get the Salmon ones, and it's really a piece of packed Salmon. It's also individually wrapped which means I can keep them in her testing kit.

If you're starting testing you'll want to set up your spreadsheet. (I was resistant at first, but it really is the best monitoring tracker out there, plus then all the folks on the forum can help when you need it - so set it up before you NEED it, lol.)
    Also, there are some good videos on how to test from members of this group. They tell you how to do it, how to make sure your cat still loves you through your learning curve, and the best spot to get blood t first time.

Good luck on both of your's new journey!

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I have my kitty turkey, ham, or roast beef deli meats for snacks at testing. I tried freeze dried treats and she didn't like them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.