new to site

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sammiehyde, Mar 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammiehyde

sammiehyde Member

Hi. my cat Sammie was diagnosed with diabetes a little over a year ago. I've been reading info on your site, but have not posted until now. I've never been able to get him regulated-his glucose mostly stays between 300 and 500. Once in a while, he will dip down to 100 or less- I do test him at home. My vet now says, he just can't be regulated and just keep doing what I'm doing unless he gets worse. Symptom-wise he seems ok-not peeing or drinking a lot and he gained back all the weight he initially lost. He has been on 3 insulins so far, but none seem to consistently keep his numbers down. I'm looking for advice as to what else I can try. Should I post in a different section of your site for more info?

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! Great that you are home testing. We will help you get Sammie straightened out. Come to the Main Health forum and tell us more about him, such as what insulin, how much, what food and any other medical conditions he may have. See you there!

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

I'm confused by your spreadsheet. What are you giving in the evening? You only have the morning dose entered

Magic Johnson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.