New to the forum, late to introduction!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Chloe007, Nov 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chloe007

Chloe007 Member

Hey everyone! I've already posted on the health advice forum a couple times, but realized I haven't formally introduced myself yet. My name is Chloe, and my beautiful cat is named Oscar. He is 11 years old, and is an orange tabby. Probably the sweetest cat you could ever imagine, he's never bit, scratched or hissed at me in his life. We (my boyfriend Seth and I) adopted him along with his sister Minnie (13 year old tortoiseshell with a big attitude) when a coworker was ready to give them to a shelter when they were 1 and 3 years old. They have a little sister who is a main coon mix, she's 6 years old now but still acts like a kitten and they still treat her like a baby.

We love our cats to death, they are our children. Oscar is good at keeping things from us, and is good at not letting us know that anything is wrong. But about a month ago we started noticing that we were having to completely change our litterboxes nearly every single day because there was so much urine. Then we started noticing Oscar was drinking A LOT of water, sometimes spending up to 20 minutes a time at his water bowl. His appetite became outrageous, and then he started losing weight which wasn't adding up. Although he was acting like his sweet playful self, we knew something was up.

Cut to October 23rd, we brought him to the vet. I had already done some research and was expecting he either had hyperthyroidism, diabetes, or kidney failure. I was hoping for hyperthyroidism, fearing kidney failure. The next day we got his results and found out he had diabetes, and 2 days after that we were picking up his insulin, syringes and fish oil. We left feeling overwhelmed and undereducated on the matter, so I went online and found you all. I'm so glad I found you all, you've already helped us so much and made me feel at home here.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Chloe and Oscar and welcome.
    I saw that you had posted on the main forum so I'll just say hi and say I'm so glad you have found us.
    Love the photo. I'm very partial to ginger kitties!

3. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

Hi Chloe, Seth and Oscar, welcome to the best community of like minded individuals. I'm so glad to see that you have your signature and SS set up already, this is such a help to everyone who you may need to help you. Since you have already posted on mail health forum I'm sure that you are well aware of how fabulous everyone is here.

Anyway, a huge welcome to you all.

Red & Rover (GA) likes this.
  4. Chloe007

Chloe007 Member

Yes, I am definitely already aware! And thank you

Jerry dutchboy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.