New to the group

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Rae, Apr 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rae

Rae New Member

Hello All!

I just stared my journey with my baby about 3 weeks ago (he is 13 yrs). He has been on Lantus and I just figured out how to test his blood. He has been consistently at 80-87 for the last 2 days. No insulin given. He is on 5% (carbs) or less wet food, and some cooked chicken. He has lost weight, but now he acts like he did years ago! I assume I should keep testing twice a day?

If he stays with those low numbers, how often should I test then?

I think I may have been overdosing him for a while since I could not test correctly. I really was not happy with my vet so I never went in to do my curve. Maybe that is OK since his numbers went down? We started at about 460 bg.

2. cmonmiracle

cmonmiracle Member

Welcome! There are lots of helpful people in the health forum if you post your questions there. Better yet, the Lantus peeps can help you with dosing, depending on the method you choose (TR or SLGS).

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome..... Test twice a day. Two weeks without needing insulin and cats are officially in remission. At that point I tested every other day for about a month and then about every two weeks. Don't stop testing it you won't know if they are out of remission. My cat was in remission for a year and then suddenly was high again.

Chrissy66 likes this.
  4. Chrissy66

Chrissy66 Member

Welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.