New to this diabetes problem

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kathy Ambrose, Dec 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kathy Ambrose

Kathy Ambrose New Member

Navajo is a 13 year old cat, healthy in all respects. He had slowed down some with advancing age, but otherwise very healthy. He started to drink an excessive amount of water and urinate a lot more than normal. He also started walking with great difficulty. So, he was recently diagnosed with diabetes.

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Kathy and Navajo. You have come to the right place for all the help and support you want/need to get Navajo feeling better. It sounds like he may have some diabetic neuropathy which usually improves once the cat's blood sugar is under better control. There is also a supplement you can give to help with this problem.

I'm sure you have a million questions going through your head right now so come join us over on the Health Forum and ask away. Any and all questions are welcome and the only silly ones are those that don't get asked. We've all been in your shoes and understand how overwhelming the diagnosis can be. You will be amazed at all the tips and tricks we have to offer and we'll have you feeling much better about the situation in short order. :)

3. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi, my cat Uncle had the same symptoms so I brought him in to the vet for a senior panel. They called me back straight away when the results came in to tell me had diabetes. I was really shocked and felt lost as far as how I would be able to treat him safely. After a month of going it alone, I found this website and the different forums here. I have learned so much from all the info available and from asking a lots of questions. I hope you and Navajo (love his name!) will find all the help and hope there is available here.

Critter Mom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.