New to this horrible disease

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mts1960, Jan 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mts1960

mts1960 New Member

Hi
    I’m new to this group :(
    I do TNR and feed the feral kitties in my area
    I came upon this group on a link as I’m doing research
    It’s soooo complicated this disease called Diabetes
    I have a health question which I understand this is not where to post it.
    So I’ve feed the ferals (for the last 4 yrs) I came upon a real skinny cat in November which I started calling skinny Minnie . I tried to catch her but couldn’t tried again Christmas Day but failed, I swore I’d catch her New Year’s Day ( the weather has been relentless here) I did catch her NYD.
    So long story short took her to the vet , got blood work done. And to my unfortunate surprise she has diabetes . I’m heartbroken for her and afraid for me. I had a rescue . I’ve had so many dogs and cats go through my rescue none ever with Diabetes ! Help please ...
    Thank you ( if I said anything out of line ) it’s because this is all so new to me . I do have a very important question. I hope to get an answer to
    Thank you
    Mary

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Thank you for doing this important work of tnr. I have had about 15 local cats by me tnr'd and have a small group living in my garage. You were so kind to take in Minnie... Without a doubt you saved her life. Treated diabetic cats can live long healthy lives.

I'm glad you found this forum. I remember clearly how scary the early days are. I have answered your question in the other thread.

Where are you from?

3. mts1960

mts1960 New Member

Thank you Janet
    I’m from Calif ( the foothills)

4. mts1960

mts1960 New Member

That’s so awesome . That you as well are taking care of the ferals . I litter boxed trained Skinny Minnie ( Holly) in 2 days she trusted me in about 4 days, but now that I have to give her shots twice a day, she’s pulled back some :(

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Awe it will get better as she gets more comfortable. Try injecting while she's eating

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.