New to this

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by eribis, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eribis

eribis New Member

Hi everyone. I'm new to all this. My cats name is Oddy and she has been diagnosed with diabetes.
    She's on a mostly canned food diet but I recently found Tiki Cat dry food and wondering if anyone has tried this and what your experience has been.
    Also....Giving
    her the injections was ok at first but now I'm really struggling. She's lost a lot of weight and she has a lot of fur and it's hard to find a good spot that isn't too bony.
    If anyone has any tips I would really appreciate it.
    Thanks again.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! I’m not familiar with the carb content of Tiki Dry. There are 2 dry foods that are ok for diabetic cats, Young Again Zero Mature, and Dr Elseys Clean Protein. A low carb wet food is best though. Come to the Main Health forum and tell us more about Oddy and what problems you’re having with the injections and we’ll be glad to offer suggestions. See you there!

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

5. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

6. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

Hi! Have you tried Tiki wet food? Maji really likes Hawaiian Grill the yellow AHI TUNA

7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Well good morning, yes we have tried it some will eat, some won't and then I can give again and no one, picky little boogers, I did find 1 the other day that everyone loved rawz chicken and liver pate, I do offer something diff once in awhile just so they don't get tired of reg stuff

Magic Johnson likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.