New to this

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Bekaah, Apr 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bekaah

Bekaah New Member

Hello, Gave my cat his first injection last night, no trouble, this morning I think he pulled away as I tried and we may have missed the dose. Not sure. Anyway, I got a sharps container in the mail today so now all I need is the testing strips etc... are there any good resources available for those supplies? My cat, Wumpus, is 10 years old so I hope this will help him be more comfortable. What have other people noticed behavior changes to indicate wellness if anything is evidenced by insulin shots as improvement beyond the blood panel? He has always been a calm and cuddly cat.

Bekaah

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! If you come to the Main Health forum and give us a bit more info we can better help you. Tell us what country you’re in, what kind of insulin you’re using and what dose as well as what you’re feeding sweet Wumpus and if he has any other medical problems. Hope to see you there!

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! Not long after starting insulin, Mia stopped the excessive drinking and urination. Her coat also started to improve (softer, no issues with knots/matts), and it was obvious she felt better. Then, she began to put back on the weight she had lost. You should definitely start to see an improvement in his symptoms. See you on the main health forum. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.