New to this

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sharla, Aug 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sharla

Sharla New Member

Hi everyone,
    My Pebbles who turned 14 in June has developed Diabetes and early kidney disease.
    We will be starting Insulin this week and mommy is a bit fearful but knows it has to be as I will not give her up without a fight. We will be doing home testing as well . So crossing our fingers and paws that we can do this.
    I will be digging into the forums to hopefully find some answers on how much to feed and my concern as I am at work all day. I know everyone says dry is bad esp the Purina DM which I am using in conjunction with the wet but we were on Purina Fancy feast (seafood) wet and Hills TD. Taken her off as it just makes her vomit. She is doing better with the DM as it is smaller. Our vet recommended the DM but would like to find something to give her that is not Rx.

beggargirl likes this.
  2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome!

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome. Post any questions you have on the main health forum. You will get a lot of support and advice here.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome. I'm so glad to hear you are going to be home testing. There is a food chart in a "sticky" at the top of the Main Forum, with information on lots of canned food. You might post in that forum for responses regarding some different brands to try. It's true, the dry food is too high in carbs and the Rx isn't really even prescription, it's just what is available at the vet, plus it's pretty spendy. Lots of information to read here, be sure to look around and also ask lots of questions.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.