new topic icons + new smilies

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Robert and Echo, Jan 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

I've added a candle icon & a rainbow icon to be used as a topic icons for posts announcing the passing of cats or posts honoring the memory of a cat. The OTJ button is for those posts announcing cats have passed to that wonderful remission stage of Off The Juice.

On the very first, infamously yellow, FDMB, a candle was always added to GA announcements. Though we didn't use the abbreviation GA then. Does anyone remember who started that abbreviation & when?

I have also added the candle, OTJ and the rainbow to the smilies section (displayed under "view more smilies) along with a full moon.

2. Ronnie & Luna

Ronnie & Luna Well-Known Member

fll_moon

aw cool love the moon!

And love the candle and rainbow - thank u Rebecca!

and there's still room for smileys :D

by the way - I see the ads added on , is the moon alerts coming soon?

3. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

Is there any way to shrink the candle a little bit? Or is it grabbed from other site? Just wondering, because when someone uses it for an initial post, the actual flame part is cut off over in the icon area. The rainbow looks perfect when it's used! But the candle seems too tall. (I'm talking about the list of posts on each forum.. not when you're in a thread already.)

Not trying to be picky.. just wondering if it would be an easy fix. :smile:

4. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

Our little candle has now burned down slightly so we can see the flame in the topics list.

5. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

Thank you Rebecca! I noticed it over on Community, and didn't know where I had suggested it. lol I clicked on "View your posts" and found this thread. Nice features that we're all getting used to! :smile:

6. Sarah and Buzz

Sarah and Buzz Well-Known Member

I LOVE "view your posts" and even if I didn't like anything else about this board (which is not the case at all; I love lots of things about it), that feature alone would make the move worth it for me. :D

7. kate and lucky

kate and lucky Member

I saw a reference as far back 2000 on (GA) on Simons sugarcat page.

I've also seen very old stuff by Melissa and Popcorn (GA) maybe she might know?

Btw-I love the site!!! :mrgreen:
    Have noticed I get knocked out of the site if someone else starts viewing a ss at the same time (no idea why, I have to relog in)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.