New, wishing to thank you all!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Melissa T, Apr 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Melissa T

Melissa T New Member

Hello everyone! My name is Melissa T. and my cat Princess is a diabetic, 15-year-old, female cat that has been in remission since August of 2012. I have finally created an account and signed in for the first time. However, I have been coming to this website for years.

I would like to thank you all for helping me understand feline diabetes. If I hadn't come across this website years ago, I seriously doubt that my cat Princess would be alive today. So, thank you, all of you! You have been great! You have all taught me so much simply by sharing your experiences with one another. I am honored to be here. This website was a blessing when I found it and I have continued to return for years. I still do have a few questions I would like to ask, however, I am here mainly to share my experiences in hopes of helping others.

Princess is not the first pet I have had with diabetes. When I was growing up, one of our family dogs named "Blanka" was diagnosed as diabetic. Unfortunately, the vet did not help with her very well. She ended up blind and unable to control urination by the age of 6. She then broke her hip, not once, but on two separate occasions. At age 6, my family decided she had suffered too much and we put her down. I miss her still! I have also worked as a veterinary assistant in the past.

I hope to be a help to others and to continue to learn more and connect with people that also have diabetic pets.

Sincerely,
    Melissa T.

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I am glad that Princess is doing good. Controlling diabetes in dog is a lot more critical than in cats. Unless you have excellent control a dog's BG the dog will develop cataracts.

3. Melissa T

Melissa T New Member

Thanks, Larry! Yes, I now know about dogs and diabetes. I was pretty young and wish I knew then what I know now. She had severe cataracts. She went downhill very fast. My family didn't know any better than to listen to the vet. Thank God I have figured it out with Princess! Thanks for reading and replying! :)

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB!
    What have you found most useful here?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.