Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. snake2261

snake2261 New Member

I'm new to this board as my cat was just diagnosed last week. I have had Little Miss Malli faor abiout three years and have just now found out she had diabetes. I will be learning as I go but my Vet has been a hge help already. Just wanted to pop in a nd say hi.

2. JJ & Gwyn

JJ & Gwyn Member

Hi, and welcome!

Questions, we also has questions! What type of insulin has your vet recommended, and much and how often are you giving it? What was your Little Miss Malli's blood sugar reading when she was at the vet's, and did the vet say anything about testing for ketones? What type of food are you feeding her, and does she have any other health issues? (In a little bit, we'll be completely overwhelming you with useful info, but the answers to those questions can help us cut back some.)

Also, if you have any questions, please feel free to ask; that's all any of us did in the beginning: be overwhelmed and ask questions ;)

3. Pandasmom

Pandasmom Member

Hi and welcome!

There are many people here with lots of experience with feline diabetes. Please ask any questions you have.

As JJ mentioned, it would help if you can tell us a bit more about Little Miss Malli, her diagnosis, and what treatments you're currently doing.

Odiesmom

4. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

Glad you said hello. Looking forward to learning more about you and your kitty. Hopefully you can check out the FAQs and please feel free to ask questions.

I love my vet, she's amazing, but over the years I've found that advice from folks dealing with feline diabeties daily has been invaluable.

5. Jayne & Sweety

Jayne & Sweety Member

Hi there, and welcome.
    You and little Miss Malli are in the right place here to learn all about feline diabetes.
    Read everything you can and there is no question to dumb to ask, ok?

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.