New :)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Denise&Sox, Dec 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Denise&Sox

Denise&Sox New Member

Hello,
    My name is Denise and my cat’s name is Sox. We are new at this whole adventure of feline diabetes diagnosed just this last summer around May of 2017. I’m 21 and working through college and 2 jobs to on top of taking care of my perfect kitty. We are struggling now to find the food that works for his diabetes and works for my not so friendly budget. I’m very excited that I found this page and am very excited to see what’s in store!

Critter Mom likes this.
  2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Denise. We can help you. In general we request new members to post health questions in Main Health subforum.

We feed our 3 cats Fancy Feast Classics. The food is low carb, high protein. And it is inexpensive! A lot of people on the forum use Fancy Feast Classics, and there are about 10 varieties.

3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome, Denise and Sox!

4. nmveasey

nmveasey Member

Welcome!

5. Denise&Sox

Denise&Sox New Member

Thank you JeffJ!
    Our vet actually recommended that to us but it’s $15 for a 30 pack and my cat needs 4 cans a day lol so it’s a little out of my price range unfortunately. :/ I actually found this page when I was trying to lookup what percentage of carbs were in the Special Kitty canned food. It seems this sight was the only place willing to list an actual answer. I’m so excited to have joined and to find out what more I can learn as well as have a support group that can help me with any questions I have. <3

6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Many of us feed Friskies pates and they tend to be more economical than Fancy Feast. Some people think the quality isn't high enough but the ingredients list on the cans is very close to what's on prescription Purina Pro Plan DM pate that vets sell.

8. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Friskies pate comes in a 13oz can that you can almost always get at the Dollar Store...for a dollar, of course! I don't know the calories of each, but you could do the math to figure out what you need. Perhaps one large can would be equivalent to the 4 small cans, but either way it should be cheaper in the big cans if Sox likes it.

chewy.com also has them for less than a dollar per can right now: https://www.chewy.com/friskies-clas...VFbjACh0WPgIIEAQYASABEgLGw_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

These might be the most economical choice. Best of luck!

Sandi.

Critter Mom and Kris & Teasel like this.
  9. Callie & Patches

Callie & Patches Well-Known Member

If you need to save money you could get 9Lives. Just be sure you get pate style.

Critter Mom and Kris & Teasel like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.