Newbie and worried

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by smidge&smudge, Jan 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. smidge&smudge

smidge&smudge Member

Hi,
    I am so happy to find support and information on this site! My cat Smudge was diagnosed on January 16th her blood test was at 599 and started on 2 units 2x a day, one week later on follow up she was at 592 and increased to 3 units 2x a day, today was first time I successfully home tested and she was "Hi" which is off the meter. We go back to the vet on Monday. She is peeing everywhere except her litter box which is difficult to handle and I'm constantly cleaning her pee. She has switched to canned food which she likes much better anyway.

Sorry for the long post, I look forward to learning as much as I can and I hope she starts to get better soon.

Attached Files:

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and your pretty girl, Smudge! :) We can help you with your kitty . Congratulations on home testing her blood glucose. It's the essential tool in keeping her safe. What insulin are you using? It's possible that you're getting high readings because her dose is too high. I know that sounds strange but it's a common problem caused by kitty overcompensating for a drop in BG from too high a dose. . Please repost on the main health forum with all of your questions and concerns. More people will see them there.

3. smidge&smudge

smidge&smudge Member

I copied to main thread, hopefully I did it right ☺. She is on vetsulin.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.