Newbie from NY

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mary D, Jun 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mary D

Mary D New Member

My 13 year old cat Rusty was recently diagnosed with diabetes. My vet started him with 1 unit of Humulin N and has since upped him to 2 units. I've switched his food to low-carb options and started testing. I came to this board tonight after a mild hypo scare... I posted to a FB group and this site was recommended. Moving over to other message boards to get some specific health info. I'm glad this forum exists!

Mary

Deborah Martin likes this.
  2. Deborah Martin

Deborah Martin New Member

Hi Mary! I'm very new to all of this. My Doody was just diagnosed on Wednesday, so I'm still learning and hoping I don't do something wrong! But I can say that this place is a true blessing! Everyone helps and is so knowledgeable! You've hit the jackpot here! Best wishes and great to "meet" you here.

Mary D likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Mary. This truly is a good place to be. Lots of info and experienced knowledgeable people here. Please do look at the other forums, the Health Links/FAQs about Feline Diabetes forum is a good place to start, as well as info on the home page.

Mary D likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Upping it a whole unit is too fast. Lower the dose.

Welcome

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.