Newbie...help

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Britt & Whiskey, Dec 16, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Britt & Whiskey

Britt & Whiskey New Member

My baby Whiskey, who is 9 or 10, adopted from local humane society was diagnosed in July/August this year and vet put on Vetsulin starting at 1 unit. We took him in several times for curves, but are now performing at home. He seemed to get better for a bit, but as of now he is on 6 units and seems to be right back where we began. He is strictly on wet food fancy feast, Friskies. And Sheba. He has also decided in the last few weeks he will not eat pate so I have to mix meaty cuts in with the pate for him to eat. He also begs constantly. We work eight hours Monday through Friday and always make sure he has food before leaving. He is now to the point if he doesn’t like his food he will just drink water. He’s also drinking more water than ever. We are faithful with his injections 6am and 6pm daily and feedings are same time also. The weekends his feedings do sway away from routine as he meows and I jump. I’m feeling discouraged and worried. So, here we are looking for any advice!!

2. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Hello

So sweet Whiskey is food finicky one.

Can you put his short information into your signature and come and join us in The Main Health Forum.

We will be very interested in what blood glucose level you have measured at home. To help with the insulin and overall.

3. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Britt and Whiskey.
    6 units of Vetsulin is a lot of insulin. Do you test before every shot to ensure it is safe to give the insulin?
    Are you testing during the cycle to see how low the dose is taking Whiskey?

I’m sure we can help you with Whiskey but we will need more information and to see his BG data.
    Do you think you could set up a spreadsheet for Whiskey and put in his numbers for the last few weeks?
    That would give us an idea of what is happening.
    Please come on over to the main health page with all your questions.
    here is the link to the SS. If you have any problems setting it up just ask for help.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.