Newbie with great thanks

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tcg, Apr 11, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tcg

Tcg New Member

Thank you for this forum. I know so many must learn and are educated here. I look forward to great info.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! There is a lot to learn, but you've come to the right place. There are many people here very knowledgable in feline diabetes and all things feline. Ask all the questions you have.

3. Tcg

Tcg New Member

I'm waiting for the Zobaline that I ordered last Friday. Meanwhile I am going today to see if the health store carries the same that is in Zobaline so we can start that asap. My 12 yr old ,was diagnosed two weeks ago. Followed the prescription diet the vet recommended, but I didn't like what I saw in the food so I continued research. Now he is on all wet canned food. But his neropothy has started into front foot, that is why I want to search for the B12 to start sooner. Amazon won't get it here till the 14th. My cat is all outdoors and has always been. He freaks out when we bring him in so I hope the nueropathy settles down.

4. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

If you get some B12 at the store, make sure there are no sugars in it.

5. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Also no artificial sweeteners.

Sharon14 and Critter Mom like this.
  6. Tcg

Tcg New Member

Thank you. And yes, no sugar or artificial stuff.

7. Tcg

Tcg New Member

Thank you all. He has been on the Zobaline almost two weeks. Neuropathy is gone in front and we can see improvement in hind legs. He has become social again, purring is back and loss of fur has stopped. No problems of him accepting the melted tablet into his wet food. Vet had no idea of the Zobaline at all, so she got an education!!!

8. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

hello and welcome.

9. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

@Tcg

Delighted to hear about your kitty's improvements. :)

Mogs

10. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

@Sarah Smith have you tried this for your kitty?

Sarah Smith likes this.
  11. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Is this something you got through your vet, or a did you find it online? Could you give me a little more info on it please, I'd like to look into it for my boy.

Thanks!

12. Critter Mom

You can buy Zobaline online:

http://www.ilifelink.com/zobaline-for_diabetic_cats-3_mg_x_60_tablets.html

IIRC I think Vitacost may also do a methylcobalamin supplement that's OK for diabetics but wait for other members to confirm this.

Here's a video of a cat that was successfully treated for neuropathy with Zobaline:

Mogs

13. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Thanks Mogs :) I watched this video this weekend and it is such a wonderful transformation! Cooter goes in to the vet tomorrow so I will be asking her about possible nueropathy. His damage was started by an injection, so I know we may never regain full function, but I do think nueropathy may be playing a role in the lack of major progress so far.

Critter Mom likes this.
  14. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

amazon has it as well
    http://www.amazon.com/ZobalineTM-Diabetic-Cats-60-tabs/dp/B008G3LI2M

Sarah Smith likes this.
  15. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

I don't know how I missed it was the Zobaline from the video...my minds not totally with me lately, sorry lol

Elizabeth and Bertie likes this.
  16. Critter Mom

Diabetes can slow the healing process. I've seen that first-hand with Saoirse's recent post-op issues. I'm all in favour of exploring appropriate treatment possibilities to aid recovery. :)

Mogs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.