Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tiffany Rekasi

Tiffany Rekasi New Member

Hello,
    I am new to this group and glad I found this forum. My ~10 year old cat was sick with pancreatitis last October and from there continued to lose weight and was recently diagnosed with diabetes this month. She started on insulin and we begin the journey of transitioning to wet food (was a dry food addict previous). I haven’t had much luck finding a vet that seems overly knowledgeable in this realm of home testing. Her sugars are still elevated, I am just desperate to get her controlled already!

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Tiffany. Welcome to you and Roxy.
    That’s great you are testing and have the SS up and running.
    Can you tell us what type of insulin you are using please? I see you are using the alphatrak 2 meter.
    We increase the dose in 0.25 unit increments so as not to go past the best dose and to keep kitty safe.
    We can help and support you in this journey.
    What I’ll ask you to do is post over on the main forum and tell us a bit more about Roxy and the problems you need solved. Also if you could fill out your signature which is under your user name at the top right of this page then save. Tell us yours and kitty’s name. Date of diagnosis, type of insulin and dose, type of meter, type of food fed, any other health issues or meds. This will then appear at the bottom of all your posts and helpers can see your information without having to ask every time.
    This is just the welcome page and there are more eyes over on the main forum to help you.
    Keep asking lots of questions as it is a steep learning curve in the beginning but there is no reason why Roxy can’t live a full and happy life with FD :)

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    Reason for edit: added info
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.