Newly adopted buddy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Sneezey, Mar 10, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sneezey

Sneezey New Member

Sneezy was diagnosed with diabities fairly recently. He is 13 and my fiancé and I adopted him a little less than a week ago. His previous owner was going to send him to live on a farm. I agreed to take him having literally no idea what I was doing, but I figured the care I could give him would definiltly be better than that of a farm cat.

We've been giving insulin his previous owner sent with him and started blood testing 2 days ago. He is honestly doing a much better job with it then I am, but we're working on it.

I'm Wendy. I had two other cats already Ray, and Ditch (both about 2). I recently lost my sweet senior baby Sasha. When we adopted Sneezy he came with his brother Smiley. They came from the same litter and are both 13. Ray came from the local shelter and We found Ditch malnourished in the road about a half mile from the interstate.

I'm still trying to figure out what I'm doing and am very greatful for this group.

2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! Lots of help and support for you and Sneezey here. Kudos to you for taking in these senior brothers. :)

Ask any/all questions you have on the main health forum.

Magic Johnson likes this.
  3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and your kitty family!

4. Magic Johnson

Magic Johnson Member

Welcome!!! :)

5. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Welcome! :bighug:

6. Kathryn & Nugget

Kathryn & Nugget Member

Wow you have a lot of fur babies! And tons of good karma coming your way for taking in older cats, especially ones with special needs. I had a hard time starting home testing... the insulin didn't bother me so much. It truly does get easier with every day that passes (and I've only been doing this for 10 days!)

Welcome to the group. Everyone here is SO incredibly helpful, kind, patient and intelligent! They have really helped me adjust to this life change.

Peridot700 and JanetNJ like this.
  7. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Welcome to you and all your babies.

8. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! You no doubt saved that kitty's life. How the previous owner could think of abandoning him after 13 years is horrid. EWe are here for you!

Magic Johnson likes this.
  9. Sneezey

Sneezey New Member

The poor babies are front declawed too. I wasn't looking to get any more animals but I had no doubt if I didn't take them they wouldn't make it through this winter.

JanetNJ likes this.
  10. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

They were going to put declawed cats outside??!!

11. Sneezey

Sneezey New Member

Sneezey and Smiley were both indoor/outdoor cats. Smiley has a nasty scar above his eye from when another cat beat him up. The previous owner told me they liked it to much outside so she let them out. They've been with me about two weeks now in pretty warm weather and have not once shown interest in outside.

She was going to send them to be farm cats because that was the first home that showed interest.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.