Newly diagnosed 13 yo male

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Rocky/Grady's Mom, Jun 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocky/Grady's Mom

Rocky/Grady's Mom New Member

Hi everyone! One of my boys was diagnosed a couple months ago, still working on getting his numbers down. I'm having an awful time with the food that the vet suggested! They both HATE it! We've tried the DM and the WD. Then I was reading somewhere that said don't waste my money on that. My poor boys have been so freaking hungry. Can someone suggest what other foods, over the counter, that I can use? I'm a nurse so I understand the low carb, high protein, etc. My vet said she didn't care what he eats as long as it's the same thing all the time. Anxiously awaiting some replies and thank you in advance for any suggestions!

Margaret

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Margaret, welcome to you and your boys! Many of us use Friskies Pate, or Fancy Feast Classics. Be sure there are no grains, or gravy. HERE is a great food chart that lists carbs. We try to keep it under 10 carbs. Come to the Health Forum and ask any other questions you have.

Rocky/Grady's Mom likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Most cats do not like the dm food, and it's no better than what you can get at the store. Fancy Feast classic or Friskies pate foods are common ones people feed on here.

Rocky/Grady's Mom likes this.
  4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Rocky, Grady, and Margaret!
    Come make a post on the Main Health Forum so more eyes can see your questions, in addition to these wonderful ladies! :D

5. Sumouse

Sumouse New Member

Hi everyone, my baby Mouse had diabetes for 5 years, and finally succumbed to complications after a FATE. I have a bunch of very fine needles, and a blood sugar tester. I would love to donate them!!! Please advise on where I can send them to help out a kitty in need!!
    Thanks!!!

JanetNJ likes this.
  6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear that. Very nice of you to want to donate. Maybe list them in the supply closet forum. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/forums/supply-closet-for-sale-or-free.15/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.