Newly diagnosed 6 weeks ago

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Vtambo & Rex, Feb 27, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vtambo & Rex

Vtambo & Rex Member

hello. My name is Vicki. My kitty is Rex. He is a domestic medium hair orange tabby who is 14 yrs old. After about two months of noticing more urine in litter box and more water being consumed we headed to the vet. With blood and urinalysis it was determined Rex had diabetes. His blood sugar was around 370. No ketones in urine. Vet prescribed Lantus solo star pen and
    prescription food. Of course at this point in a blur i took everything she recommended and kind of panicked for a few days. The vet we saw the day of diagnosis was not our normal vet and we found out our normal vet (who we really like) only works part time now. The vet we saw lets just say is not necessarily on the same page as I am in regard to wanting to treat as wholistic as possible. After thinking about things for a few days I started to get the feeling this vet has more of a palliative outlook rather than a goal of remission. Our regular vet got wind of the new diagnosis and did call. We have had several conversations however it is difficult since she is only there part time. So we are trying to muddle thru this as best we can. Have had some ups and downs so far, so hoping this forum can be a good go to for support and info.

Last edited: Feb 27, 2017
  2. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! This is a great place for support and advice. Please repost your message on the main health forum where more people will see it.

3. Vtambo & Rex

Vtambo & Rex Member

How do I repost?

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Start a new post on the "Feline Health - The Main Forum" and copy/paste your first message here message over there.

5. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hi Vicki, welcome to you and Rex! I think many of us were in a panic when our fur babies were first diagnosed, so you're not alone there! There's a lot to learn, and we will be glad to help you in any way we can. Come on over to the Main Health Forum to ask any questions you have. Hope to see you there!

6. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.