Newly diagnosed and beginning insulin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Punkiesmom, Aug 30, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Punkiesmom

Punkiesmom New Member

Hello all. This is my first post here so please forgive my naivety about this forum. My 10 year old fur baby was very recently diagnosed with feline diabetes mellitus. My cats symptoms just started a few weeks ago, thank goodness I am very attentive to her and we caught this early. With the initial diagnosis (needed further urine testing confirmation by her regular vet), I had already switched her to a Fancy Feast Classic Pate only diet and started seeing immediate results. Subsequently, The vet showed me, and I performed the first injection of Lantus (gardine) this am. I am reading about wonderful stories of non insulin dependent cats for which this disease can be controlled by diet restrictions alone. My fingers are crossed that we can get my fur baby there

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! I think going into remission is the goal for all of us.

Punkiesmom likes this.
  3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! This is a great place for advice and support as you learn about feline diabetes. Post any/all questions you have on the main health forum where more people will see them. :)

Punkiesmom likes this.
  4. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Punkie and his Mum!
    HERE is a link to get you to the Main Health forum :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.