Newly diagnosed - Cat is crying and rolling

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by CMiller, Aug 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CMiller

CMiller New Member

Hi, I’m new to this site and I actually don’t have a cat but am asking questions for a family member.

She has a cat that was very recently diagnosed with diabetes. The vet didn’t give any insulin or medication but changed her to a specific diet. She’s been doing well except sometimes she starts crying and meowing and keeps wanting to flip over onto her back. She sounds like she’s in pain. Are these normal symptoms or should we take her back to the vet?

Another thing is that she seems to have brown liquid (blood?) coming out of her bottom. Should we be worried about that too?

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Sounds like she's having A problem. No that is not normal, I would contact a vet asap

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I agree. This isn't normal diabetic cat behaviour. It's possible the new vet prescribed diet is disagreeing with her and causing pain and watery diarrhea.

Beck likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Beck likes this.
  5. CMiller

CMiller New Member

Thanks for the replies. I didn’t really think this was normal. But once again, she isn’t my cat so I’ll do my best to tell my family this information.

6. Evie Corso

Evie Corso Member

Not normal, (unless she is in heat, if not spayed)

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  7. George and Bert

George and Bert Member

Gastritis ? Food disagreeing with her? I always keep sulfasalazine on hand, it works wonders.
    None of my cats have a problem with FF Chicken Pate. Stay simeple, no fish or gravy.
    Try baby food chicken with a little rice in it.
    Still, sounds like a vet visit is mandatory. Would be interesting to know what the test numbers were
    and what tests were done.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.