Newly diagnosed first home glucose curve

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Fluffles, Sep 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fluffles

Fluffles Member

hi everyone, Fluffles was recently diagnosed and trying to educate myself as much as possible about this very overwhelming disease. Initially at the vet his blood glucose was around 550. I immediately changed his diet to fancy feast classic chicken and he was started on 1 unit of lantus 2xs a day. Earlier last week he went to the vet and had a glucose curve done. It should be noted he gets extremely stressed in the car and the vet. He ate very little at the vet and his higher numbers were around 350 (not sure about nadir but I believe all numbers were high). Vet had me increase to 2 units of lantus 2xs/daily. The vet requested I try my own curve this weekend which I have. It has been really difficult to say the least but I think both the cat and I are getting better at it. My question (finally) is the numbers I am getting do not create a curve at all. They are just ping ponging in the range of 225-240 all day. Does anyone know what that means? I was under the impression it should create a curve when the numbers are graphed. Please help, thank you!

2. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Fluffles and his Mum!
    This is mainly for welcoming new members and doesn't get high traffic. You can post the same text over on the Main Health forum so more eyes can see your question and chime in :).

3. Fluffles

Fluffles Member

Thank you! Still trying to learn my way around here!!

Yong & Maury GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.