Newly Diagnosed Kitty

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mom2Missy, Jul 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mom2Missy

Mom2Missy Member

Hello! My name is Krista. I had a diabetic kitty (Missy) a few years ago and received SO much help/advice/support from here! Unfortunately she passed away in 2015. But now my mother's cat (Beans) has been recently diagnosed with diabetes. After his initial diagnosis, my mom just brought him home and I helped her choose a new food for him since he's always been on dry food and dry kitty treats. I've been checking his glucose every few days to see how he's doing with the food change. It's been about a month now and his glucose levels have gone down, but still pretty high. We called to get an appointment with the vet to see about getting him started on insulin, but the soonest appointment they have is NEXT Friday. My question is, do we have to get the insulin from the vet or is there another way we could get some sooner? Online pharmacy or something? He's already waited a month... I guess another week won't hurt him. But I would like to get him started as soon as possible.

Thanks for the help!

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Unless you get it from a person, you need a perscription for any pharmacy. Sorry you find yourself back here

3. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome Krista and her Mum's boy, Beans!
    We'd love to help you with your fur brother :cat:. Can you repost your question over on Main Health forum so more eyes can see it? :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.