Newly diagnosed kitty

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ellys Mom, Jun 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ellys Mom

Ellys Mom New Member

Hi there!

I just got the news a couple of days ago that my cat Elliott (we call him Elly or Elbow) has diabetes. We noticed he was drinking more water and brought him in. It's been a really stressful couple of days, and I'm all sorts of emotional and concerned. His blood sugar was 439 at the vet, and they started him on Vetsulin, 1 unit - twice a day. I got some low carb wet food for daily meals and low carb dry food for grazing. (The vet said he needs access to some kind of food at all times)

I have a couple of basic questions I would like to ask as you all have so much experience with this. Should I ask them here or start a new thread in the main forum?

So glad I found you guys. I have already learned SO much.

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Elly's Mom and Elly and welcome to the FDMB.:)
    Yes it is by stressful in the beginning but you have come to the very best place to get lots of help and support.
    Yes, the main forum would be the best place to ask questions as this is just the welcome page.
    If you could fill out your signature that would be a great help. It will show up below all your posts and will tell us about Elly without us having to ask you the same questions all the time. To set it up, go to the top right of this page and click on your user name. Choose signature. Then tell is yours and kitty's name, date of diagnosis, type of insulin, and type of meter when you get one, anyother illnesses and medications and weight. Also country you live in. Then save.

Here is the link to the beginners guide to Vetsulin
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/beginners-guide-to-caninsulin-vetsulin.186099/

See you over on the main forum

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Elly and Elly's mom. Like Bron said you are in the best place to get your questions answered, find excellent pertinent information and have the support of this community. We are all in this together, all at different stages of learning about feline diabetes while we care for our furry kids.
    Elly is just darling, I love those little folded paws! We will help in every way we can to ease your mind, lessen those feelings of dismay and confusion, and help you to help Elly to better health and well being.

Bron and Sheba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.