Newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Julio and Mom, Jul 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julio and Mom

Julio and Mom New Member

You are so correct- this is frightening and so much to learn! Julio is my Grand Champion Male Long Hair Exotic Boy and we have just joined. Am looking forward to all that I can learn here. We are about 10 days into this and on Lantus- going slowly and no big change in numbers yet. Vet and Vet Tech are helping us every step of the way and he is such a good and patient fella. He was always a huge eater, is fed raw, but loved to graze the dry food during the day- now he feels like he is starving between feedings, cries and paws trying to get some food from about the 9th hour after injection on until the 12 hour feed schedule. I look forward to reading and gaining understanding. He is scheduled for obtaining curve next week. It will be comforting to know that on line persons are available, as the thought of a hypoglycemic episode causes overwhelming fear and strikes terror in my heart. Thank you for this wonderful site.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome Julio and your mom. Wow, a grand champion! Would love to see a pic
    Lantus is a great insulin, and I'm sure you'll do well with it. Are you home testing Julio's glucose? If not, I highly recommend it as it is the best way to keep Julio safe and see how well the insulin is working. If you have any questions, ask them on the Health Forum.

3. Julio and Mom

Julio and Mom New Member

Thank you so much- Yes I am Glucose testing and I am eager to get his Curves done. I will upload a picture of him soon- he is an awesome handsome male (thus the full name "Julio Iglesias"!! I have to learn how to navigate these pages and will add more detailed info when i get time.

Ruby&Baco and Sharon14 like this.
  4. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.