Newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Tynans Mum, Feb 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tynans Mum

Tynans Mum New Member

Hi all!

I live in Australia with two fur babies, one of which has been diagnosed yesterday with diabetes.

His name is Tynan and he is 11yrs old Burmese cross.

Feeling so overwhelmed with everything I've been reading. Trying to decide on diet currently and waiting on a glucose metre from a friend.

Glad to find this awesome resource

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome. It's great that you are going to home test. It is an important step to keep your Tynan safe. Yes, it can be overwhelming at the beginning. It's a steep learning curve, but you will catch on quickly.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! If fancy feast classic is sold there or Friskies pate that's what many of us feed. So glad you are planning on testing. Which insulin? If you have any questions we are here for you.

4. Vannypack

Vannypack Member

Welcome! I'm fairly new here as well. This community has helped me tremendously within the last week or so.

I've learned low carb wet foods are best for our diabetic babies. I just started transitioning my Tommy from Hill's m/d to Fancy Feast classic.

I'm sure if you have any questions, everyone here will definitely be able to help :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.