Newly Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Rocky-Romeo, May 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rocky-Romeo

Rocky-Romeo New Member

Hello,
    Yes, Rocky, 11 years old Snowshoe cat was just diagnosed. Since Rocky was a baby he has had a ferocious appetite. So, I have always monitored his food intake. He is a big guy but I thought his weight was normal.
    But in two weeks he just shrunk. He’s always hungry, but this time he would not leave me alone. So we went to Vet on Wednesday and was diagnosed on Thursday. As soon as they took blood Wednesday, his health went down immediately. On Friday, we was admitted to the Hospital. What an amazing place, “St.Louis Animal Emergency Hospital.” Rocky was so sick but immediately took him back. So he is home and doing better. But, I’m still freaked out taking care of a diabetic cat. Being on my own I’ve had to change my life style quick. Like coming home from work immediately before running errands.
    I have a lot of questions but I am so glad to find this site.
    Thank you for all your knowledge.
    Rocky’s Mom

2. alexthecat

alexthecat Member

Welcome! Try not to feel freaked out. I know it's a lot to take in at first, but you can handle this. Keep reading and asking questions here. It really does get easier.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome. If you have any specific questions write on the main health forum where more eyes will see it.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board! We were all pretty much "deer in the headlights" at first. Remember to breathe. Great information in the yellow tagged items at the top of the forums. A good place to start is the home page, learn a bit about feline diabetes, how to treat, home monitoring, etc. It's treatable, and your Rocky can be on the road to feeling better.

5. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.