Newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Ziggymom, Dec 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggymom

Ziggymom Member

Hi, my 11 year old fur baby was diagnosed about 10 days ago. We have started insulin twice daily , and Ziggy seems to be feeling better. Was supposed to return to vet today for glucose curve. Wasn't even told any details. Turns out this is an all day process, not to mention the cost. I simply cannot afford. I need help with getting started with home testing and interpreting the results. I understood a human glucometer will work. I have read alot of posts about home testing, but I feel overwhelmed. Please, I need advice and help!

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. I hear you on the cost of a glucose curve and you will be able to do that yourself at home, saving the $ and stress on Ziggy.
    Many of us use a human meter, and it is critical that if you are going to give insulin you need to be testing to keep Ziggy safe and see how the insulin is affecting him. I suggest you post in the Main Health forum to get some more input and eyes on your questions and concerns. I will be looking up some links to provide you when you post HERE
    Would you also create a signature so that we can see Ziggy's pertinent info when you post, it saves asking and answering the same questions over again. Here's a link to that section: SIGNATURE

3. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Welcome! A diabetes diagnosis can be soooo overwhelming at first - it's just a lot to take in. But you've come to a great place for support, info and cost-saving tips to manage Ziggy's diabetes.

Sara and Mr. Kitty likes this.
  4. TracieLLL

TracieLLL Member

Welcome to you & Ziggy! There is tons of support and help here for you two. Hang in there. All I had to do is accept that this is my new normal. I’m happy Ziggy is feeling better

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.