Newly Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SweetP2, Feb 23, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SweetP2

SweetP2 New Member

Hi my 13 year ol Siamese P2 diagnosed two days ago. I previously had another Siamese who had diabetes 10 years ago but he went on to Rainbow Bridge. My how the cost of the insulin has increased.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB. I am sorry to hear that you are going to be doing the sugar dance again, but hopefully you will find help and answers to questions and concerns here. We will help all we can with suggestions to address the cost issues, of insulin, food and testing supplies. There may also be changes in treatment that will be new to you since you dealt with the condition.
    The three basic components of effective treatment are proper low carb diet, insulin therapy and blood sugar testing. It's possible that not all of these components were presented to you or any information offered 10 years ago.
    There is a wealth of information here on the board addressing the diet, testing and specific forums for insulins used for cats. We will do our best to help you get up to speed and P2 feeling better.
    You can post questions and concerns in the Main Health forum HERE so that more members can see and help out.
    There is excellent information in the Getting Started and Education sections on the right side of the Home page, as well as in the FAQs forum. Please take some time to do some reading and let us know how to help.
    Best wishes going forward. :cat:

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Hello! Lou gave you some good starting points. Hope we can help you out. Depending on the insulin prescribed we have suggestions for getting it cheaper depending on where you live.

4. SweetP2

SweetP2 New Member

Thank you. We live in Berkeley California. My sweet boy is on 1 mg of Lantus every 12 hours. I bought it at my local Walgreens $304. That’s a lot. Appreciate any suggestions.

Thank you,
    Christina

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome. Many people who use lantus on here get it from Marks Marine pharmacy in Canada. 5 pens are about $170.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.