Newly Diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Gail K., Mar 3, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gail K.

Gail K. New Member

I’m Gail, Tess’s human mother. I adopted her when she was 7 months old and she will be 15 years old next month. She is the only cat I have ever had. We were diagnosed yesterday and quickly doing as much research and gathering of supplies so we can get her started on insulin.
    Thanks to new and older members for your support on our journey.

Attached Files:

BBelshan likes this.
  2. BBelshan

BBelshan Member

Welcome! I am pretty new here myself but have found this place to be super helpful. It's all a bit overwhelming at first, but the veterans of this place will help you through any issues you are having. Definitely check out the yellow stickies that walk you through setting up a spreadsheet and signature.

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Gail and Tess. She is a beautiful girl and looks so comfy in the sink! You will find the information and support you are looking for here.
    First, create a signature so that Tess's information is available with each of you posts:
    1. Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters)
    2. Another thing that will help us help you when you've started BG testing at home is to set up a spreadsheet like the one we use here. We can all see it and look at it before offering advice:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/understanding-the-spreadsheet-grid.156606/
    The FAQs forum HERE is a great resource for new members, scroll through the Index for links to topics that apply now.
    Start posting your questions and concerns in the Main Health forum so that more members can see and respond. This forum is more of a welcome mat and more members monitor the Health forum so they can help.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.