newly diagnosed

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Darlene & Jack, Apr 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

ooooooooh, well, now that can't be good for his self esteem can it? :lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

dear mom,

since i can't figure out how to get rid of that f, how about we just change that word to fluffy?

tucker (with nikki's help because she responded to my pm and can type...)

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

or as moochie says "I'm not fat! I'm prosperous!" :D

4. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

Hahaha, either of those will work fine!

5. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

dear tucker,

you will be a lean, mean, playing machine soon! trust me, it happens with wet food...

sadly though, i'm thinking i might have a thing for jack. i may be a russet tabby, but maybe i'm a cougar...

no matter what? you could be my bfsf -- best fluffy striped friend! cougars do like tigers... it's a girl thing...

hmmm... maybe i'll just play (in) the field for a while...

head butts and paw pats,
    nikki

6. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

Dear Nikki,

I think Jack would like a little girlfriend like you. Nothing wrong with being a cougar. You go for it, Nikki! You would make a very cute couple with your similar coloring. And when your mom posts right after I post, it looks like Jack is looking down at you and you are looking up at Jack.

Tucker can make a great BFSF, you just have to be tough and stick up for yourself when he tries to push you away from the food dish.

Thanks for all your support of Jack, Nikki. I'm sure it will help bring you two closer together. :)

love, Jack's mom

7. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

mommmmmmy! jack's mom said i should go for it!

mommmmmmy!!!!!!!!!

nikki

8. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

It's ok Nikki. Jack just likes to cuddle and spoon. Disregard that pic you may have seen of him and Tucker in a compromising position.

9. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

mommmmmmy! jack's a spooner!

mommmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

nikki

10. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Darlene -- mom talk,

Just when I think it's safe to do laundry, I come back upstairs after hearing a Betty Boop voice trying to yell and a kind of non-opposable thumb typing going on, and discover Nikki swooning over the keyboard...

Spring fever is my best guess to explain her most unusual behavior. I'll be sure to test her to make sure her BGs are okay...

I've actually thought they look like furry parts of the opening credits to the Brady Bunch!

Silly hugs,
    Deb and, well, guess... Overcome by her swooning, she's napping now...

11. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

dear nikki,

its me, jack. i will be dreaming of you tonight. i hope you dont swoon too much.

your bbf (best boy friend) jack

12. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

dear jack,

mommy collapsed on the couch tonight because i gave her a 114 ps. that's blue to your mommy. personally, i don't know what blue is. i don't even know what a 114 ps is.

then she did all kinds of crazy things, like laughing, running to my log book (what is a log book?), laughing some more, and pushing some stuff out of that pokey thing, before she gave me my juice. she told me maybe it's spring fever or maybe it is love...

mommys... sheesh... we need them, we love them... and what does green mean? all i know is i got more food!

mommy finally went upstairs to bed, which means i can finally nap and dream of you, jack...

your bgf, nikki

13. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

oh wow, look at your avatars!!! it's like they are looking at each other! and they are an adorable couple :D

14. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

Aren't they a cute little couple?? Who knew this was also a feline dating website as well!

Great ps number Nikki! i'm glad your mom was so happy and running around laughing! I bet it is the love in the air for both you and Jack bringing those numbers down! That must be a fringe benefit. :)

And i do agree they look like they belong on the Brady Bunch.

15. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

dear jack,

mommy just went upstairs. she hugged me lots and said good night, precious. sometimes i think she forgets my real name...

she wasn't crazy like last night. she was cursing (and knows a completely different f word than you and me and tucker...) about how she was a wimp and pushed a little too much stuff out of that pokey thing or maybe she shouldn't have given me extra food last night. hello! i always say yes to extra food!

do you know what yellow means? and, do you know what mommies mean when they sigh and promise you they'll get you back down in a couple of cycles? and, why they apologize? and, what are cycles?

moms...

well, she left out a snack and puffed up the wubby on the couch for me, so i think i'll grab a nibble before taking another nap dreaming of you, jack...

your bgf, nikki

16. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi Darlene,
    I'm not sure if you are posting about your dosing etc somewhere...have'nt seen you in PZ, but thought I'd throw my unasked for thoughts out there.
    Lowering the dose..just by the .1 even confused me. I think your just settling down from your bounce and it looked appropriate so I was wondering why the decrease? Certainly not going too low....are you thinking the dose is just too high?
    Lori

Sorry to intervene the little smooch-fest going on here with some mom talk about the dire beasties. Kitties, go back to whatever you were doing....in your dreams. dancing_cat dancing_cat

17. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

Hi Lori...Someone else had suggested the decrease to .4 or .5 from my last post...I thought it was on the PZ board, but maybe it was on one of my posts on the main board. So I thought I would just decrease a teeny bit, but I don't really know how accurate that .5 was since it's so hard to adjust that small, it probably was more like the .6 anyways. This morning I just did the .6 because it is easier to get that on the syringe.

18. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Darlene, and, of course, you too, sweet Jack,

They really are cute! And, yes, stranger things have happened here, trust me...

All they need is Alice...

I'm liking his numbers! And, only three color groups yesterday. Hmmm... Perhaps love is in the air...

Love and continued encouraging hugs for you and yours -- and, yes, the new auto feeder,
    Deb and Nikki (who's looking a bit more russet lately, probably due to blushing...) -- and, Giz...

19. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

Now you have me curious as to what else has happened on here....

I was hoping for another 3 color day today, but we hit 4.

my dear nikki,
    today was a fun day, i wish you could have been here. it was tucker's 7th birthday and we asked rachel to go to her favorite place and get us cupcakes. she felt guilty about poking jack so much that she went and got them. we all had cupcakes and ice cream. my human brother brady was home from school so he had some too. mommy was at work so we didn't think she would find out. but when she got home she poked my ear and saw frosting in my whiskers, and the little beepy thing said 487 and she got mad. we all feel kind of sick now, and jordan just threw up on rachels moccasins. so i'm being a good boy now. will be dreaming of you again tonight...
    your bbf, jack

20. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i think i know...but i ain't sayin :lol:

21. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

Oh come on guys....please???????????????????????????/ lol

22. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

i will say there are routine kitty parties and even a group of kitties who travel around delivering soup to other sick kitties. the lantus kitties are quite the partier's. i undertand they surf at the beach and bbq too. :D
    i am not sure that is where deb was going...........

23. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

dear jack,

wow! you guys (and gals) really are party animals!!! please tell tucker happy 7th birthday!!! i can't believe you got cupcakes and ice cream!!!!!!

hope jordan's allowance is big enough to buy rachel new moccasins...

and jack? i'd have licked the frosting off your whiskers so your mommy wouldn't have caught you...

keeping you in my dreams,
    your bgf, nikki

ps: mommy says mum's the word...

24. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

dear nikki,

i seem to have recovered from the big party and mommy says i'm doing better. brady learned how to poke my ear tonight so he can help if mommy cant check me.

that would have been nice of you to lick the frosting off me! you are such a good girlfriend. i'm tired now and going to go nap by the window. its my job at night to watch for intruders.

miss you lots....love jack

25. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

dear jack,

partying can take a lot out of a cat! i'm so glad you're doing better -- although, must admit being worried now you have two human siblings who can do the ear pokey thing... sheesh! be sure to demand treats!

i just knew you were a protective guy. hope you have no intruders so you can sleep and dream...

i like it when you dream...

love nikki

26. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Darlene, and, of course, you too, it's a mood thing sweet Jack -- and your trained dream team and furry cupcake cohorts,

What does the #ERROR! message mean on Jack's spread sheet? I'm a log book mom. Just curious in case Nik and I decide to go digital... YIKES!

Much love and our continuing encouraging hugs for you all,
    Deb and Nikki (can i still post to jack if we go digital, mommy?) Yes, Nikki... -- and, Giz...

27. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

Good morning Deb and my little daughter-in-law Nikki,

I have no idea what happened with that stupid ERROR! message! I was trying to write a comment in there and it wouldn't save, kept disappearing and then started giving that error message. i couldn't get it off...so I guess the whole day was just an error. Technology...gotta love it! I do like the spreadsheet though. It's great that everyone can check it out and offer feedback. Yesterday was only a 3 color day! Looks like the bounces are lessening a bit.

Don't feel bad for Jack and his band of pokers here, lol. The more the better for me, especially since Rachel is starting pastry/baking culinary school the week after next. She better not be bringing Jack home all kinds of goodies!

28. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

dear jack,

i had the most amazing dream last night... i dreamed we got married! and, jordan was my furry of honor and tucker was your best furry... and, jack, rachel made us a sky high wedding cake made of cupcakes and ice cream frosting! and, we danced and danced and danced...

it was a dream wedding, jack... i love dreams -- well, until your brady bro came at us with those ear poke thingys after we licked the ice cream frosting from each other's whiskers...

it was a dream wedding, jack...

love, nikki

29. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

OMG Deb, that is the funniest thing ever!!!!!! LOL I just read it to Rachel and Brady and they were hysterical. Of course Brady thinks my new friends are kind of weird....

The dream wedding sounds like it was spectacular!! I hope all the sugar cats here were guests!

30. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Darlene -- sorry all kids and kidimals, mom talk,

561 PS?!?!?!? Holy crap!!! Did you faint? Did you catch pee before or after fainting?

I remember the first time (of thankfully only two...) Giz's meter read HI. I swear to you, Darlene, I looked at that meter and said to myself, I don't remember it ever greeting me before. You can't make this stuff up. And, yes, I'm blonde. And, yes, it's beyond amazing we danced for four years...

Fortunately, I tested Giz sitting on the floor (and still do with Nikki), so didn't have too far to keel over when reality set in... And, yes, I grabbed Giz and my cigs (I know, I know...) and locked us both in the bathroom (it had a window...) until she peed... One Mississippi, two Mississippi, three Mississippi, etc. ... NO KETONES! It was pretty much a religious experience...

Completely bypassed chocolate that night and headed straight for the Chardonney...

The second time involved a horrific thunder/lightning storm in August, and the power went out... No AC, no lights... Opened the fridge/freezer once to get her insulin cooler going. Held a little flashlight in my mouth to test her (try that on a black ear in the dark...), and, of course, the meter read HI. Knew it wasn't greeting me that time! There was no way to see the difference between NO and TRACE ketones that night... Besides, all my Mississippis were being used counting time between thunder and lightning... Tried to keep us both cooled down with damp washcloths all night... At first light, caught pee... NO KETONES! Thanked God. Then, the power went back on.

It is most interesting and rewarding sharing life with a sugar cat. I honestly believe it makes us better people. Certainly stronger!

Much love and may Jack never be greeted by his meter kind of encouraging hugs,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz, who still makes me smile...

PS: Then again, his 561 could have been from all the wedding festivities... Nikki told me it was a dream guest list and there was an open bar offering tunaritas all around...

31. laniminella

laniminella New Member

Newly diagnosed seeking help

Hello and thanks in advance for any answers. I adopted a 17 pound cat 14 mos ago from a shelter and paid $1200 because they were in cahoots with an animal hospital and wouldn't release her until I paid the bill. She was normal except they thought possibly hyperthyroid, and they did intense blood tests, dental work, xrays etc. She is not very social and hates my other cat. When I took her to my vet to get stitches removed (growth on eyelid was removed)
    my vet said she was too fat to be hyperthyroid so she wouldn't recommend treating that.
    Sheriva is a long haired calico who does not drink excessively, never ate very much, but would go for treats every now and then, and her only other issue was having to stand vertically to poop.
    I do not have the test results from the blood test last week, (will get them) but the glucose was supposed to be in the 400s with her thyroid being in the "gray" area. She donated a bottle of Lantus and I've been giving Sheriva 2 units every 12 hours after feeding the cat baby food mixed with a few cat vitamins and a quarter of a cap of Chromium Piccolinate. She is totally inactive and goes under a table all day and night and has lost her appetite completely except for a few treats once a day or so. Before, she was a treat hound, and at least more perky.
    I have read everything I can about home glucose tests and would love to know the easiest meter to use. I don't have a microwave or stove but can try putting hot water in a baby food jar and attempting to hold that to the ear.
    I want to know if anyone has tried Dia-ionX or Native Remedies Gluco Ensure or Pancreas Booster. I just ordered the latter and was considering the Dia-Ion X but that one is more debatable. They are going to do a Glucose curve on her from 2-5 in a couple of days, but overall....I'm concerned and have to keep force feeding her to give that insulin.
    She only seems halfway "normal" for a few minutes long after her insulin is given. Is Vitamin E good to mix in the baby food?----100 mg oil every day? or what?
    Thanks again and best of luck to all.

32. Ann & Scatcats

Ann & Scatcats Well-Known Member

Simba and Gustav was unable to attend due to the travelling cost.

33. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

LOL...I'm sorry they were unable to attend!! Maybe we can post the video of the event.

Laniminella...I think you need to repost your info/question under a "new topic" on the main board. you're post is at the very, very end of my very very long thread and most will not see it there. If you copy it then repost it on the Main Board under New Topic you will get more responses. Good luck!

34. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Tom would most assuredly like to have attended....or to attend if the blessed event ever does take place :mrgreen:

35. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

Who needs that fancy Royal Wedding when we can have a Sugar Cat wedding??

36. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

exactly.
    and this has officially turned into the longest thread on health EVER!

37. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

I feel bad that it is so long!!! It is probably one of the weirdest too!

Have you gotten a chance to look at jack's numbers lately?? I posted on the PZI board. Any advice is greatly appreciated, Lori.

Deb, I haven't gotten to check ketones. Jack just used the litter box but it is a hooded one and his butt was facing in. I was really trying to get just a drop but wasn't able to. You guys were right though, once a cat starts peeing they don't stop.

38. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Well let's hold Deb responsible for the length...she has to control that Nikki and not the other way around :lol:
    I did see your numbers...it's not looking so good. I'm gonna go back and look at them again and give you my 2 cents on pzi k?

39. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

dear jack,

mommy said maybe i shouldn't be writing to you because it might be upsetting some people here. i told her, we're cats, and when you're in love it's okay, no matter what people think. she just smiled that mommy smile she gives me... she always tells me i'm smart and brave and strong and fast and pretty. she thinks i should play for the mets! i keep telling her we should hold out for a yankees contract...

mommy's been watching that ss thingy your mom posts, and tonight, she wasn't smiling. although, this morning she was dancing around the living room when your mom wrote no ketones. guess you were butt out in the litter box... we sugar cats know the strip drill... no matter how low i sit, and, trust me, jack, i'm a low sitter, mommy hears one scratch and comes out of nowhere and slides that strip... oh, the indignity!

no matter what? i love you, jack!
    nikki

40. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

dear nikki,

i have missed you so much! i agree with your mom...you are very pretty. i dont know how fast and strong you are, but i know pretty. :)
    why are our mommys always trying to get our pee?? it must be very special pee.
    my mommy wasn't happy tonight either when she sat that big number. i tried to be so good all day, but she always tells me i am a good boy anyways, so i dont feel so bad. she gave me lots of belly rubs even.

its nice that your mommy looks at my ss and watches to make sure im ok.

oh, and rachel wants to know if you live anywhere near Carlos Bakery...

love, your furry hubby mr. jack

41. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

dear jack,

(lol!)

well, i guess since our mommys always tell us we're so special, we must have very special pee. why else would they be so determined to catch it? mommys are interesting, aren't they?

speaking of mommys, my mom told me your ss thingy is very colorful. she said to tell your mom nice drop at +3 tonight, whatever that means... i'm glad your mommy gives you belly rubs, jack, no matter what that ss thingy says because i know you are a good furry boy! my mommy says i have a most inviting belly. sometimes she even puts her face in it!

please tell rachel that i don't know if we live near carlos bakery because i don't know where we live. mommy just says it's a secret safe place. all i know is it has nice windows with lots of birdies outside. I love watching birdies!

i have to go wake mommy up now because i feel like a snack and my bowl is empty. she said maybe she should get me an auto feeder like yours. i asked her if it would rub my buns while i ate? she just smiled that mommy smile and told me it's okay to wake her up...

love, nikki -- mrs. jack to you!

42. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

dear mrs. jack,

Why are you in a secret safe place? are you in the furry protection plan? im glad you are safe, wherever you are. we love to watch the birdies and squirrels too. tucker makes funny dolphin noises when he watches the birds.

mommys are interesting. i laughed at mommy yesterday morning because she used the spoon she smushed the cat food with to stir her coffee. so she had to make a new coffee. we laughed when she wasnt looking. my mommy puts her face in my belly too!! i love belly rubs, they are my favorites.

mommy said my numbers were better today, she was happy about something yellow this morning. i like my feeder now, but i still like it better when mommy is the feeder. the feeder scared tucker yesterday. he had his face in the bowl eating when it turned and he got scared and jumped away. if you get one, dont let it scare you.

love, mr. jack

43. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Dearest Mr. and Mrs. Jack,
    I wanted to congratulate you on your recent nuptials and I speak for myself and TomTom when I say I approve and bless this union. :YMHUG:
    Mommie Darlene...stirring coffee with the kitty food spoon? This is a sign you need the dear mom letter. Would Mommie Deb know how to find it and send it to you? I would but can't think where it is.
    Lori
    and tomtom too!

44. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Rainbow's letter to mom Laura

Rainbow's letter to mom Laura...

Dear Mom,

I know it's only been a couple of days, but there are a few things I'd like to tell you.

First of all, you really do have to calm down, because you're stressing me out.

Please at least let me get all the way out of the litter box before you start to inspect it.

Don't stare at me while I'm eating. It makes me nervous. I need a little privacy please.

You really don't have to follow me from one room to the next. I'm not doing anything that I haven't done a million times before. I'm still trying to catch those pesky fish that live behind the glass. I'm chasing the dust bunnies under your desk. I'm waiting to catch Libby (drooler) off guard so I can smack her and run. I'm doing all those catly things I've always done. I don't need a perpetual audience.

Just because I'm sleeping, doesn't mean that you need to wake me up and check on me every five minutes. I'm a cat. I sleep.

I feel hot because I've been lying in my favorite sunny spot in the office. Yes, that really is the only reason.

I know it would make you feel better if I slept in your bed with you, but it wouldn't make me feel better. I've never done that before, so it would feel funny to start doing it now. Besides, I really like my bed. I've had it a long time, you know.

It doesn't mean that something is wrong with me just because I don't want to play. Don't you remember the rules? When you want to play with me, I want to ignore you and treat you with disdain. I want to play with you when you are reading the newspaper or attempting to drink your first cup of coffee. This has always worked for us, so why would I want to change that now? So if I don't want to play with you, it doesn't necessarily mean that I don't feel good. It means that I'm just being the Rainbow I've always been.

Stop lecturing (boyfriend) every time you leave the house for five minutes. He has read everything you have. He was there at the vet's when you picked me up. He knows all the signals/symptoms of hypo, and he knows what to do. He knows where the syrup is. How could he not, since it's now in every room in the house. Remember when you told me that you would trust him with your life? Well trust him with mine. He loves you, and he won't let anything happen to me.

You know that pounding headache you've had since last Sunday? It might go away if you'd chill out just a little bit.

And lastly, every single sound I make need not be analyzed for meaning. Just because I speak to you, it doesn't mean I'm sick or hurting or getting ready to go hypo. I've always been a very vocal kitty. Sometimes a meow really is just a meow.

Love,
    Rainbow

45. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Darlene, and, of course, you too, maybe not so sweet, Jack -- and, of course, your assorted two- and four-legged dream team,

206 PS this morning?!?!?!?!?! Be still my heart...

Much love and trying not to disturb the sugar universe with breathing kind of hugs for you all,
    Deb and Nikki -- and, Giz...

46. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

Love the letter to mommy...I had run across that in my searching the board at the very start of this journey.

Thank you Lori and tomtom for your approval of our wonderful marriage. We wish you could have joined us for the ceremony, but we know tomtom has an important job to do patrolling his yard for furry invaders.

Deb and Nikki...I did quite a cheer for the 206!!! But it appears the sugar universe is very fragile...

47. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

Dearest Darlene -- no peeking everyone else,

Yes, it can be. That's why I recommend wearing steel-tipped sugar toe shoes...

Much love and continued countless, encouraging hugs for you all,
    Deb and Mrs. Nikki-Jack (it's a today kind of modern girl cat hyphenation thing she's considering...) -- and, Giz, who taught me all about the need for proper dancing shoes...

48. Darlene & Jack

Darlene & Jack Member

my sweet mrs. nikki-jack,

i miss you, hope you and your mommy are well and having a nice weekend,

love, mr. jack jack

49. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Where are Deb and Mrs. Jack?
    Deb, I was wondering if you were using Levemir on Mrs. Jack?????
    Lori
    and Lord Thomas.

50. Deb415andNikki

Deb415andNikki Member

my dear sweet jack,

i miss you too!

mommy's been having issues with her mouse. i told her i'd catch it. she said it was a mac mouse. asked, can't i catch that one too? i'm a cat! anyway, i think i fixed it.

imagine her surprise when she woke up this morning to discover your ss thingy was our home page! who needs opposable thumbs?

you're always in my dreams, jack...

love,
    nikki, your furry bride, mrs. nikki-jack...

ps: i hope it's okay i get levemir juice and you get pzi... we can still spoon in our dreams, right?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.